Save money and file your taxes for free through one of the United Way Partners or Programs listed below.

Schedule an appointment in Greenville, Anderson, Laurens, Oconee, Greenwood, McCormick, Abbeville, Saluda, or Lancaster County

Visit SC Thrive for free tax preparation assistance in Berkeley, Charleston, or Dorchester County.

Prepare your taxes online for free through United Way's

Check on the status of your Federal Refund

Check the status of your South Carolina State Refund

Search United Way's 2-1-1 Database to find additional programs that offer Free Tax Assistance and Information

*Proof of identification (photo ID)
*Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents (An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number)
*Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
*Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
*Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
*Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
*A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
*Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
*To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
*Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
*Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
*Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN



my free taxes logo